Monday, April 18, 2011

Idiocracy (movie 2006)

Oh My God, What a stupid movie. I mean I have seen comical movies that are meant to be stupid in order to get in some laughs from the viewers. But this was just beyond stupid, I'm just glad that this movie wasn't very long, I don't think I could handle it. What I think the movie went wrong was that they were trying to hard to be funny, which made it boring (for me) and not funny. I like the idea of the story, of having these two people that were meant to sleep for a year and prove that people can be frozen. Then having them trying to find a way back home. If someone told me that story, without seeing any visuals of what the films version, I would say that it could be a good movie with some interesting visuals. But after watching this movie, I went and watched other movies to make me forget about this movie (I watched Narnia The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and Dark Knight, both good movies with great story and characters. The way movies are meant to be).  Looking back at this movie, it has a similar comedy level as the Dodgeball movie, I bet it was made by the same people.

I think this movie should be under the horror section, the fear of that future being true, that we are all going to be idiots. Maybe in the films own way it's trying to tell us that "If you don't want to end up like these fools, read books and go to school."

No comments:

Post a Comment