Monday, April 18, 2011

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

   This was a fun audio book/radio show podcast I have listen to. each episode was very entertaining and funny, that at times I forgot about it as a book but as a show playing in my head. I like the depress robot, I think I laughed at his scenes the most, because when ever he said something in that down in the dumps tone of voice, I can imagine the people around him rolling their eyes at his poor life story, when he is the smartest one out of all of them. I have never seen the movie adaptation of this book, but I do know that the voice of that robot character is played by Alan Rickman, and when I was listening to this story. I can see why the director would cast him for the role. The way the narrator voice the robots is similar to Alan Rickman's voice.

    There was another thing about this book that caught my attention, that was when someone mention the people/planet of Beetlejuice. I don't know if that is the right spelling, from how I heard it, they were saying Beetlejuice. But for me, when someone says that name, I immediately think of Tim Burton's Beetlejuice movie and the cartoon series. So I was laughing a little when they said that, because then I was thinking of my favorite scenes form Burton's movie. It's strange, but this isn't the first time I heard the word Beetlejuice used in book. I forgot which book it was, but it was one of the sci-fi reading list for this class. And one of the books said something about Beetlejuice, but it is spelled differently than how Burton spelled the name.

I wish I had read/ listen to this book in the beginning of the sci-fi book reading weeks, because it might have got me more excited about what other sci-fi stories their are. Also I would have less blogs of me explaining why I'm lost in the story. I do wish that this podcast of the book was longer, it was so exciting listening to it, that I didn't want it to stop. Now I must go and find the dvd and watch it, and see if it's as good and if it holds up to the original story.

No comments:

Post a Comment