Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bloodchild Short story (in class reading)

 I'm not finish with this story, but I do have a question about it.

1. What are the characters? Are they human, alien, monsters? Within the story one of the characters (I think it's the mother) talks about the different limbs and stinging till you fall asleep (Are they bug creature that feed of humans?). This is what throwing me off, I'm getting a confused image in my mind, yet at the same time I think I understand what is going on. Are we still on earth? Are the humans slave on another planet?

2. I think that this story is showing us the perspective of the monster, alien, whatever it is that is attacking humans. One of the family of monsters doesn't sound like he wants to be part of the killings. My question for this story is how old are the characters, who is younger and oldest, and how long do they live. Do these creatures need the eggs to survive?

3. After seeing the photo of the author, I wonder what was her reason for coming up with the idea. What there anything from her life experience that she included in her story. Is she one of the characters or is her personality in one of the characters? I can see that there is a lot great detail and thought put into this story. I would like to know where she got the ideas and and what inspired her.

No comments:

Post a Comment